Android or iOS: Which is the best?
When it comes to buying one of the best smartphones, the first choice can be the hardest: Android & iOS
It’s not simple; both offer a lot of great features and they may seem basically the same other than brand and price.
Right in this Article, You all are going to Know about the Best Between Android or iOS
Apple iOS is a proprietary mobile operating system that runs on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Apple iOS is based on the Mac OS X operating system for desktop and laptop computers.
The iOS developer kit provides tools that allow for iOS app development.
It is a mobile operating system created and developed by Apple Inc.Exclusively for its hardware.
It is the operating system that presently powers many of the company’s mobile devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Why iOS ?
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cellular connectivity, along with VPN support;
- Integrated search support, which enables simultaneous search through files, media, applications and email;
- Gesture recognition supports — for example, shaking the device to undo the most recent action;
- Push email
- Safari mobile browser;
- Integrated front- and rear-facing cameras with video capabilities;
- Direct access to the Apple App Store and the iTunes catalog of music, podcasts, television shows and movies available to rent or purchase;
- Compatibility with Apple’s cloud service, iCloud;
- Siri personal assistant;
- Cross-platform communications between Apple devices through AirDrop; and
- Apple Pay, which stores users’ credit card data and allows them to pay for goods and services directly with an iOS device.
Android- a mobile operating system developed by Google, based on the Linux kernel and designed mainly for touchscreen mobile devices such as Smartphone and tablets.
Android was developed by the Open Handset Alliance, led by Google, and other companies.
It is complex to differentiate between the two as each has their own pros and cons still you should choose your Smartphone and tablet systems carefully, as switching from Android to iOS or vice versa will require you to buy apps again in the Google Play or Apple App Store.
The source code for Android is available under free and open source software licenses.
Google publishes most of the code under the Apache License version 2.0 and the rest, Linux kernel changes, under the GNU General Public License version 2.
Why Android ?
Android OS basic screen provides a beautiful and intuitive user interface.
GSM/EDGE, IDEN, CDMA, EV-DO, UMTS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LTE, NFC and WiMAX.
SQLite, a lightweight relational database, is used for data storage purposes.
H.263, H.264, MPEG-4 SP, AMR, AMR-WB, AAC, HE-AAC, AAC 5.1, MP3, MIDI, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, JPEG, PNG, GIF, and BMP.
SMS and MMS
Android has native support for multi-touch which was initially made available in handsets such as the HTC Hero.
User can jump from one task to another and same time various application can run simultaneously.
Widgets are resizable, so users can expand them to show more content or shrink them to save space.
Supports single direction and bi-directional text.
Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) is a service that lets developers send short message data to their users on Android devices, without needing a proprietary sync solution.
A technology that lets apps discover and pair directly, over a high-bandwidth peer-to-peer connection.
A popular NFC-based technology that lets users instantly share, just by touching two NFC-enabled phones together.
Also, read Root Android Phone
Android vs. iOS comparison
Current rating for Android is 4.13/512345 i.e. (2314 ratings)
Whereas for iOS current rating is 3.87/512345 i.e. (2081 ratings)
- File transfer in Androids are easier than iOS. Photos can be transferred via USB without apps. Moreover it is slightly difficult in iOS. Media files can be only transferred using iTunes desktop app. Photos can be transferred out via USB without apps.
- Presented on many phones and tablets major manufacturers of Androids are Samsung, LG, Motorola, HTC and Sony. Kindle Fire also uses a modified version of Android whereas iOS manufacturers only provide iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation).
- Android updates were notorious for its destruction and slow download speeds. Google resolved this issue by moving apps over to the Google Play Store, which allowed it to make changes to its most important apps, without pushing an entire operating system update through.
- iOS devices, on the other hand, can download updates and versions whenever they become obtainable. The only problem is that in most cases, Apple tends to hold major changes for its yearly OS update, rather than pushing the important app only for update.
Calls and messaging
- Google Hangouts, also apps like Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, Google Duo and Skype all work on Android and iOS both.
App store, Affordability and interface
- Google Play – 1,000,000+ apps.
- Apple app store – 1,000,000+ apps
- In Androids you can do video chat by using Google Hangouts and other 3rd party apps.
- In iOS there is FaceTime which can only be used by Apple devices along with other 3rd party apps.
- Google Chrome, Android Browser or other browsers are available for Android users.
- And for iOS Mobile Safari and Other browsers are available.
Google Maps for Android and Apple Maps for iOS are available.
App store and side loading
In Androids there is an alternative app store other than the official Google Play Store. It can be risky to download apps from other stores because they may be malware.
Apple obstructs any type of 3rd party app store to download the apps.
Battery life and management
- Many Android phone manufacturers provide their devices with large batteries with a longer life.
Apple batteries are generally not as big as the largest Android batteries.
- Available in androids.
- iOS doesn’t have file manager.
With the Overview of Android and iOS from the above article One can easily decides with which one to go..
I Hope this Article helpful to you !!
Check out the absolute article on Wickr Here
Latest posts by Anuj Mishra (see all)
- How To Hack Website Using Android Without Root (SQLMAP Tutorial & Installation) - 17th February 2018
- How To Hack Instagram Account & Password ? (2018 Method) : Tutorial [Using Phishing, Kali Linux, Root, Apps] - 9th February 2018
- How To Hack Any Windows 7/8/10 Remotely Using An Image Without Any Access ?! - 4th February 2018